We aim to maintain the highest standards and ensure the house is enjoyable for all so there are a few conditions!
1. A deposit of 35% of the total cost, which is non refundable (see 2 below), should accompany your booking, the balance being due 3 months before the start of your stay. If the booking is made within 3 months of the commencement date, the full payment will be required when booking. We reserve the right to cancel a stay where full payment has not been received twelve weeks before the holiday commencement date. By paying the deposit you accept our booking conditions as detailed here. All hirers must be aged 21 years or older.
2. If you are forced to cancel your stay due to unforeseen circumstances, please inform us immediately and we will make every endeavour to re-let the property, but you will remain liable for full/part payment if we are unable to let or only able to re-let part of the agreed period. An administration fee of £50 will be charged. We reserve the right to cancel your booking for any reason; in the unlikely event that this happens you will receive a full refund of all monies paid if your booking has yet to commence or pro-rata refund if your booking has already begun. The hirer shall have no claim against the owner for any loss, expense, inconvenience or otherwise resulting from such unavailability.
3. Payment can be made by cheque or BACS payment, please let us know and we will advise you of the appropriate account details. Rental prices may increase/decrease at any time, but not after your booking has been made.
4. No liability is accepted for any injury, loss or damage to guests and/or their belongings, damage by or to any third party or for damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
5. The number of guests must not exceed the number agreed at the time of booking. If guest numbers do so we will ask you to vacate the property immediately and you will remain liable for the full holiday cost.
6. The Hirer is responsible for taking care of the property during the stay. The property must be securely locked when you are out and care taken not to expose the property to any fire risk. We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time or for the purpose of any repairs in the event that they may become necessary, although we will obviously respect your right to privacy and try not to disturb your holiday. Garden maintenance may take place during your stay as it is not always possible to do this on the changeover day. Although we will use our best endevours to fix any broken domestic appliances or other equipment/contents as soon as possible, the hirer acknowledges that due to the potentially limited duration of any period of hire, it may not be possible to repair such items during the hire period.
7. Any damage and/or breakages and phone calls are the responsibility of the Hirer. Damage caused by guests, including smoking (where the dry cleaning of curtains will also be charged), will be billed to the hirer for immediate payment including consequential loss of future lettings. We request a £200 good housekeeping deposit which tends to ensure the property is respected. This is returned immediately after your stay if there are no breakages, damage, or extra costs that arise in restoring the property to a clean and tidy condition and once the keys are received by us. There is an honesty tin for UK landline and mobile calls. No other numbers – premium rate, international etc – are allowed and will be charged accordingly if made. We reserve the right to repossess the property at any time where serious damage has been caused.
8. The property, all equipment and contents must be left clean and tidy on departure, with the exception of linen to be laundered. We reserve the right to charge for additional cleaning if required.
9. Pets are not accepted and the property is strictly no smoking. We reserve the right to curtail a booking which appears not to meet these requirements
10. Arrival time is 4pm onwards and we request you depart by 10am for housekeeping.
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 TERMS
- Departure time temporarily 9.30am to allow additional time between guests leaving and our housekeeper arriving.
- Guests to remove duvet covers, pillow cases, bottom sheets and towels and place in the black bin sacks provided (top drawer in the kitchen to the right of the fridge).
- When departing windows are to be left open to allow airflow through the house.
- No dirty crockery or other items to be left inside or outside the dishwasher for housekeeping to clean.
- Guests are to wash their hands each time they return to the house.
- If anything is unclear, such as items cannot be located or instructions are required for an appliance, we should be called or texted on 07957 331388.
- We are not to be held responsible should any guest contact Covid-19 during the duration of their stay as guests could already be infected or because it could have been picked up externally and brought back to the property unknowingly.
- Any guest showing signs or symptoms of Covid-19 to advise us immediately, depart the property, and travel to their main residence to self-isolate.
- Bookings may need to be cancelled, or shortened, at late notice if previous guests advise us of contacting Covid-19 and the property requires a deep clean or to remain unoccupied for a number of days, or if our housekeeper is ill and unable to work. Should this happen, refunds will not be available for guests who have already begun their stay and need to depart, whilst guests who are not able to arrive as a result will receive the respective proportionate refund and not hold us liable for any additional costs incurred or seek additional compensation.
- Should an additional lockdown occur and guests are unable to stay, we will only retain the 30% deposit, which can be offset against a future stay, and return the remaining payment.
All property details are given in good faith, however no warrenty is given as to their accuracy and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage resulting from the information given.